Parties. Presents. Kissing under the mistletoe… I don’t know about you, but I get busy around the holidays. So busy in fact, that sometimes, planning my New Years Eve completely slips my mind.
But never fear, your Ima has developed a foolproof 10-day countdown that will make sure you won’t start 2012 alone.
10. With 10 days to go, you need to work the phones/walls/emails/texts of the most fabulous people you know to find out the hottest shindigs in town until you’ve got all your options lined up.
9. Once you’ve picked your party, it’s time for my favorite part of the countdown: shopping! And don’t forget something sexy to go underneath… There’s nothing more disappointing than ripping off someone’s clothes and seeing a bland pair of boxers.
8. Now that you’ve got the perfect outfit, get thee to a tailor! You’re not going to land a vixen in an ill-fitting suit, trust.
7. With one week to go, it’s time to nail, I mean, nail down, the date situation. It’s late in the game but a convincing suitor can sway even sexy vixens like me.
6. Okay, I’ll cut you some slack, you can take two days to land a date.
5. It’s time to break in your dancing shoes if you’re going to be spinning me around the dance floor all night long.
4. Even if you’re headed to a fully-catered affair, if you’re going to someone’s home, be a doll and pick up some bubbly or a nice bottle of bourbon, your host will appreciate it. Just don’t bring beer, you’ll look like a frat guy.
3. Pick up your ensemble from the tailor. Why, don’t you look handsome!
2. Now’s a great time to get pampered. Get a haircut. Or try a straight shave. Or maybe even a sexy massage to loosen you up. You’ve had a long year honey, you deserve it.
1. Need some pre-party plans? Go ahead and call that don’t-even-think-about-getting-a-table-here restaurant. You might get lucky.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! The day is finally here! All you need to do is show up, look good, and I promise you’ll ring in this New Year with more than a kiss!
Happy 2012 boys, better finish up my resolutions…